« Ind. Decisions - Court of Appeals issues 2 today (and 6 NFP) | Main | Environment - More on: "EPA secrecy on coal-ash list worries lawmakers: Some of 44 'high hazard' sites might be in Kentucky, Indiana" [Updated] »
Monday, June 29, 2009
Ind. Decisions - Legal filings indicate Office of Attorney General and the Indiana Gaming Commission to be somewhat at odds
Readers of Indiana Legislative Insight and Indiana Gaming Insight are aware of a "war of words" going on in filings before the Indiana Supreme Court, between the Office of the Attorney General and the Indiana Gaming Commission, relating to the case of FOUNDATIONS OF EAST CHICAGO, INC. -V- ATTORNEY GENERAL (49 A 02 - 0711 - CV - 00987).
The ILB has obtained and is making available a number of the filings:
- First, the Docket, as of today - 6/29/09. I've highlighted entries (beginning on p. 7) related to the documents which follow.
- The 5/28/09 Amicus Curiae brief
of the Indiana Gaming Commission in support of a petition to transfer.
- The 6/5/09 Motion to Strike Amicus Curiae brief of the Indiana Gaming Commission, filed by the OAG. Plus the OAG's Memorandum in Support of the Motion to Strike the Amicus Curiae Brief.
- The 6/12/09 Response in opposition to motion to strike, filed by the Indiana Gaming Commission
- The OAG's 6/16/09 Motion for Leave to File Reply in Support of Motion to Strike.
- The OAG's 6/16/09 Reply.
- The 6/22/09 Combined Response of the State to the Petition to Transfer and the Motion to Consolidate.
- The 6/30/09 Order of the Supreme Court Striking Amicus Curiae Brief filed by Indiana Gaming Commission.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on June 29, 2009 02:33 PM
Posted to Ind. Sup.Ct. Decisions