« Courts - More on: "Judge probes possible rogue jury in cockfighting case: Juror admits surfing Internet in defiance of judge’s orders" | Main | Catch-up: What did you miss over the weekend from the ILB? »
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Ind. Decisions - Upcoming oral arguments this week and next
This week's oral arguments before the Supreme Court (week of 6/1/10):
- None currently scheduled.
Next week's oral arguments before the Supreme Court (week of 6/7/10):
- None currently scheduled.
This week's oral arguments before the Court of Appeals (week of 6/1/10):
Tuesday, June 1st
- 11:00 AM - Indianapolis-Marion County Publis Library v. Charlier Clart & Linard, PC, Thornton Tomasetti Engineers, and Joseph G. Burns (06A05-0906-CV-327) - The Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library ("the Library") appeals the trial court's grant of summary judgment in favor of Thornton Tomasetti Engineers ("TTE") on three cross-claims against TTE that were assigned to the Library by Woollen Molzan and Partners, Inc. ("WMP"), pursuant to a settlement agreement between the Library and WMP. The Scheduled Panel Members are: Judges Najam, Riley and Crone. [Where: Court of Appeals Courtroom (WEBCAST)]
Wednesday, June 2nd
- 11:00 AM - KB Home Indiana Inc, v. Rockville TBD Corporation and CPD Inc. (49A02-0909-CV-881) - Plaintiff appeals summary judgment on its claims for nuisance, trespass, and negligence as result of chemical leakage. The Scheduled Panel Members are: Chief Judge Baker, Judges Darden and Crone. [Where: Court of Appeals Courtroom (WEBCAST)]
Thursday, June 3rd
- 11:00 AM - Crisis Connection, Inc. v. Ronald Keith Fromme (19A05-0910-CR-602) - This interlocutory appeal arises from the criminal prosecution of Ronald Fromme for two counts of class A felony child molesting. The appellant is Crisis Connection, Inc., a not-for-profit agency that provides services to victims of domestic and sexual violence in Crawford, Dubois, Orange, Perry, and Spencer counties. Upon Fromme's motion, the trial court ordered Crisis Connection to produce for in camera inspection "any reports made to Crisis Connection by or on behalf of [Fromme's alleged victims, minors M.Y. and D.Y.]" On appeal, Crisis Connection argues that pursuant to Indiana Code Section 35-37-6-9, it is a "victim advocate" or "victim service provider" and thus may not be compelled to produce records in any judicial proceeding. Fromme counters that allowing Crisis Connection to claim absolute privilege in this case would violate his Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights. The Scheduled Panel Members are: Chief Judge Baker, Judges Darden and Crone. [Where: Court of Appeals Courtroom (WEBCAST)]
Next week's oral arguments before the Court of Appeals (week of 6/7/10):
Next Monday, June 7th
- 11:00 AM - City of Greenwood, Indiana, Felson & Jane Bowman, and Zinkan & Barker Development Company, LLC., v. Town of Bargersville, Indiana (41A05-0912-CV-684) - The City of Greenwood, Felson and Jane Bowman, and Zinkan & Barker Development Company, LLC, appeal the trial court's determination that more than 51 percent of the owners of land annexed by the Town of Bargersville consented to the annexation. The Scheduled Panel Members are: Chief Judge Baker, Judges Darden and Crone. [Where: Court of Appeals Courtroom (WEBCAST)]
ONLY those Court of Appeals oral arguments presented in the Supreme or Court of Appeals Courtrooms will be accessible via videocast.
The past COA webcasts which have been webcast are accessible here.
NOTE: For a printable version of this list of upcoming oral arguments, click on the date in the next line. Then select "Print" from your browser.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on June 1, 2010 08:29 AM
Posted to Upcoming Oral Arguments