Monday, February 21, 2011
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending February 18, 2011
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending February 18, 2011. It is two pages (and 27 cases) long.
Five transfers were granted for the week ending February 18, one with opinion:
- Richard Joslyn v. State of Indiana - granted with opinion Feb. 16, 2011. See the ILB summary of the 5-0 opinion here.
- Adoption of N.W.; M.W. v. A.W. - this was a Sept. 16, 2010 COA opinion reversing the trial court. The issue was whether the trial court erred in concluding that Mother's consent to the adoption of her minor child by Stepmother was not required.
- Marvin L. Ervin v. State of Indiana - this was a Sept. 28, 2010 NFP opinion. (The ILB will have more on this transfer later.)
- F.E.C.I. v. Workforce Development - this was a June 25, 2010 opinion where the COA concluded: "[T]he LALJ correctly disregarded the corporate forms of FEM and FES for purposes of the Act. Allowing FEM and FES to qualify as independent new employers would work an injustice to the taxpayers and citizens of the State of Indiana."
- Ind. Spine Group v. Pilot Travel Centers & Worker's Comp. - this was an Aug. 10, 2010 COA opinion. Some quotes: "Did the Board err in determining that it did not have jurisdiction because the Application was filed outside the statute of limitations set out in the Worker’s Compensation Act (the Act)? We reverse and remand. * * * We reject Pilot’s invitation to apply the statute of limitations set out in I.C. § 22-3-3-27, which by its plain language is not applicable here. In fact, application in this context could lead to absurd results."
Search all the Transfer Lists: The ILB feature, "Search the ILB Transfer Lists," allows you to do just that. Check it out. Read the instructions. Note that the search is now current through the January 11, 2011 list.
The ILB archive now contains seven years of Transfer Lists: For other weekly transfer lists (going back to Feb. 2, 2004), check "Indiana Transfer Lists" under "Categories" below, or in the right column.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on February 21, 2011 11:05 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists