Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending May 13, 2011
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending May 13, 2011. It is three pages (and 30 cases) long.
One petition, previously granted, was denied as "improvidently granted," See May 10, 2011 ILB entry here, re Tonya Peete v. State.
One transfer petition was dismissed, pursuant to a motion by appellant: Dan Cristiani Excavating Co., Inc. v. Jeremy & Kerri Money
Six petitions to transfer were granted:
- State of Indiana v. Andy J. Velasquez, II - a Feb. 22, 2011 opinion. Details of this appeal will follow in a separate entry.
- Keith M. Ramsey, M.D. v. Shella Moore, et al. - This is a Dec. 15, 2010 COA opinion (that was initially NFP but reclassified) re submission of a medical malpractice complaint.
- Indiana Department of Insurance, et al. v. Robin Everhart - see this Dec. 2010 ILB entry headed "Rare 'for publication' dissent in order denying petition for rehearing."
- D.R. v. Review Board - - This is a Dec. 22, 2010 COA opinion (that was initially NFP but reclassified). "D.R. raises one issue, which we revise and restate as whether the record supports the Board’s decision to deny D.R. full unemployment benefits. We affirm."
- Antoine D. Hill v. State of Indiana - This is a Feb. 17, 2011 NFP opinion where the State is appealing the COA reversal of the denial of Hill's petition for post-conviction relief "which alleged he was denied the effective assistance of post-conviction counsel when counsel failed to timely appeal the denial of his prior petition to file a belated direct appeal challenging his sentence."
- LaPorte Community School Corp., et al. v. Maria Rosales - a 2-1 Oct. 27, 2010 opinion involving issues re expert witness testimony admissibility, motions for judgment on the evidence on issues of negligence and contributory evidence, and whether the trial court properly instructed the jury regarding negligence.
Search all the Transfer Lists: The ILB feature, "Search the ILB Transfer Lists," allows you to do just that. Check it out. Read the instructions. Note that the search is now current through the January 11, 2011 list. [NOTE: This will be updated this week]
The ILB archive now contains over seven years of Transfer Lists: For other weekly transfer lists (going back to Feb. 2, 2004), check "Indiana Transfer Lists" under "Categories" below, or in the right column.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on May 17, 2011 10:19 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists