Monday, July 25, 2011
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending July 22, 2011
[Search all the Transfer Lists: The ILB feature, "Search the ILB Transfer Lists," allows you to do just that, back to Feb. 2004. Check it out. Read the instructions. Note that the search is now current through the May 13, 2011 list.]
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending July 22, 2011. It is two pages (and 30 cases) long.
Five petitions to transfer were granted:
- Harold J. Klinker v. First Merchants Bank - This was a Dec. 17, 2010 opinion where the COA ruled "The trial court erred in excluding Klinker's affidavit, but summary judgment was proper because even with Klinker's affidavit, there was no genuine issue of material fact."
- Rebecca D. Kays v. State of Indiana - This was an April 21, 2011 COA decision reversing the trial court order re restitution.
- Hugh David Reed v. Edward Reid, Reid Machinery, Inc., et al. - there is no online record of an opinion; and while the case is docketed, the entries are not revealing.
- Sheila Perdue, et al. v. Anne W. Murphy, et al. - This was a Dec. 3, 2010 COA decision in a class action where the COA ruled: "Adverse action notices lacking specificity as to missing or allegedly missing eligibility documents do not comport with the requirement of procedural due process. Accordingly, the Recipients established their entitlement to injunctive relief and summary judgment in favor of the FSSA is reversed. The FSSA has demonstrated no substantial harm from an injunction to refrain from denying or terminating public welfare benefits in contravention of federal law." For background, start with this ILB entry from April 1, 2010, headed "Disputed welfare practices don't hold up in [trial] court," which includes a link to the trial court opinion.
- Rodney Nicholson v. State of Indiana was a 2-1 April 29, 2011 COA ruling where the majority reversed the trial court: "The single phone call on November 1, 2008, is insufficient to support Nicholson‟s stalking conviction."
The ILB archive now contains over seven years of Transfer Lists: For other weekly transfer lists (going back to Feb. 2, 2004), check "Indiana Transfer Lists" under "Categories" below, or in the right column.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on July 25, 2011 09:46 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists