Monday, August 22, 2011
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending August 19, 2011
[Search all the Transfer Lists: The ILB feature, "Search the ILB Transfer Lists," allows you to do just that, back to Feb. 2004. Check it out. Read the instructions. Note that the search is now current through the May 13, 2011 list.]
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending August 19, 2011. It is three pages (and 42 cases) long.
Five petitions to transfer were granted:
- Jimmie Ernest Jones, Jr. v. State of Indiana - from the May 23, 2011 COA opinion: "Jones’s theory of defense was self-defense. Nonetheless, he now argues that the jury, if properly instructed, could have found that he intended only to batter Takash, who died during the commission of that battery, or that he recklessly killed Takash, but did not do so knowingly. * * * Jones was charged with knowingly killing Takash. The information did not assert a battery. In these circumstances, Involuntary Manslaughter was not a factually included lesser offense of Murder."
- Mickey Cundiff v. State of Indiana - from the June 23, 2011 COA opinion: "Concluding that Cundiff was not entitled to a speedy trial pursuant to Criminal Rule 4(B) despite his incarceration on an unrelated cause, we affirm."
- Jennings Daugherty v. State of Indiana - this is a May 9, 2011 COA NFP opinion affirming an habitual offender conviction.
- AOL, LLC v. Indiana Department of State Revenue - this is a Dec. 29, 2010 Tax Court NFP opinion that concluded: "Therefore, the Department’s final determinations, denying AOL’s two claims for refund are REVERSED. The Department is ordered to refund to AOL the use taxes it paid during the tax periods at issue."
- Kathy Inman v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Ins. Company - this is a Dec. 30, 2010 COA opinion concluding: "we conclude that the trial court erred in denying Inman's motion for prejudgment interest pursuant to Indiana Code section 34-51-4-5. Reversed and remanded with instructions that the trial court's order be amended to require payment of prejudgment interest consistent with this opinion."
The ILB archive now contains over seven years of Transfer Lists: For other weekly transfer lists (going back to Feb. 2, 2004), check "Indiana Transfer Lists" under "Categories" below, or in the right column.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on August 22, 2011 12:10 PM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists