Monday, March 19, 2012
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending March 16, 2012 [Updated]
[Search all the Transfer Lists: The ILB feature, "Search the ILB Transfer Lists," allows you to do just that, back to Feb. 2004. Check it out. Read the instructions. Note that the search is now current through the Feb. 24, 2012 list.]
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, March 16, 2012. It is three pages (and 27 cases) long.
Five transfers were granted last week, and at least two of them are bigees:
- Virginia Garwood and Kristin Garwood v. Indiana Department of State Revenue - Here the Court has granted a transfer from a Tax Court decision. See this long list of earlier ILB entries, the most recent, from Aug. 25, 2011, headed ""Court rules state overstepped by taking dogs to recoup taxes"."
- Teresa Meredith, Dr. Edward E. Eiler, Richard E. Hamilton, Sheila Kennedy, Glenda Ritz, et al. v. Mitch Daniels, in his official capacity as Governor of Indiana, Dr. Tony Bennett, et al. - This is direct transfer from the trial court. See this ILB entry from Jan. 13, 2012, headed "Trial judge upholds school voucher law," for a copy of the trial court opinion. [Update] Here is a copy of the Court's Rule 56(A) Order transferring the appeal to the Supreme Court, and denying the motion to expedite the appeal.
- In the Matter of: T.N.; G.N. v. The Indiana Dept. of Child Services and Child Advocates, Inc.
- Jesse J. Harris, Jr. v. State of Indiana
- Michael Dodd and Katherine Dodd v. American Family Mutual Insurance Company
Posted by Marcia Oddi on March 19, 2012 12:34 PM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists