Monday, December 17, 2012
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending December 14, 2012 [Updated]
[Search all the Transfer Lists: The ILB feature, "Search the ILB Transfer Lists," allows you to do just that, back to Feb. 2004. Check it out. Read the instructions. Note that the search is now current through the May 20, 2012 list.]
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, December 14, 2012. It is three pages (and 32 cases) long.
Six transfers were granted last week, two with opinion:
- Mary Elizabeth Santelli, as Administrator of the Estate of James F. Santelli v. Abu M. Rahmatullah, individually, and d/b/a Super 8 Motel - This is a March 29, 2012 COA opinion. The Estate argued that Rahmatullah, as owner of the motel, owed a duty to Santelli to exercise reasonable care to protect him, a business invitee, from criminal assault.
- State of Indiana v. Russell Oney - This is a Sept. 24, 2012 COA opinion where the State presented a single issue for review: whether the trial court erred when it vacated Oney’s 2002 guilty plea to the HTV conviction on the ground that one of the predicate offenses to the HTV conviction had been reversed in post-conviction proceedings with the agreement of the State.
- Jamar Washington v. State of Indiana - This was an Aug. 28, 2012 COA opinion concluding:
Although we affirm Washington’s convictions, the State concedes that the trial court made a clerical error on the abstract of judgment. It states that Washington was convicted of Class D felony resisting law enforcement. The actual judgment of conviction, however, states that Washington was convicted of Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement. We therefore remand for the trial court to enter a corrected abstract of judgment accurately reflecting that Washington was convicted of Class A misdemeanor resisting law enforcement.
- Andrew Humphreys v. State of Indiana is a Sept. 24, 2012 NFP COA opinion.
- Cory Heinzman v. State of Indiana is a June 27, 2012 COA opinion. In an order dated Dec. 13th (but with a file stamp dated Nov. 14...) the Supreme Court granted transfer and "remanded to the Hamilton Superior Court with instructions to impose sentence in cause number 20D02-0805-FC-46 consistent with the terms of the plea agreement. In all other respects, the decision of the Court of Appeals is summarily affirmed."
- Hassan Alsheik v. Alice Guerrero, Individually and as Administratrix of the Estate of I.A., Deceased - This is an Oct. 26, 2011 COA opinion for which the Supreme Court granted transfer, with opinion, on Dec. 12th.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on December 17, 2012 02:00 PM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists