Monday, April 14, 2014
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending April 11, 2014
[Search all the Transfer Lists: The ILB feature, "Search the ILB Transfer Lists," allows you to do just that, back to Feb. 2004. Check it out. Read the instructions. Note that the search is now current through the Dec. 20, 2013 list.]
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, April 11, 2014. It is two pages (and 23 cases) long.
Five transfers were granted last week:
- Wellpoint, et al v. National Union Fire, et al (NFP) - This was a June 19, 2013, 2-1 NFP opinion.
- Barbara J. Pohl v. Michael G. Pohl - this was a Nov. 26, 2013 COA opinion re post-dissolution spousal maintenance.
- Joseph K. Buelna v. State of Indiana (NFP) - this was a Jan. 30, 2014 NFP opinion appealing a conviction and sentence for manufacturing methamphetamine.
- Jonathan D. Carpenter v. State of Indiana - this was a Feb. 20, 2014 COA opinion (4th case) where the COA wrote, in part: "Trimble and Davis dealt with whether the conditions of animals could constitute exigent circumstances justifying warrantless searches of areas outside of the homes. In the case before us, the investigation extended into the house only when one of the dogs, which was covered in blood, entered the home through an open door and would not come out."
- In the Matter of the Guardianship of N.R., N.R. v. Eva Willis, et al. - In this case the docket reveals: "The court of appeals dismissed this appeal in an order dated July 26, 2013. The case is before this court on appellant's petition to transfer jurisdiction in accordance with Indiana appellate rules 56(b) and 57(b). The court grants appellant's transfer petition, vacates the court of appeals order dismissing the appeal, and remands the case to the court of appeals for consideration on the merits."
Posted by Marcia Oddi on April 14, 2014 09:41 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists