Monday, July 28, 2014
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending July 25, 2014
[Search all the Transfer Lists: The ILB feature, "Search the ILB Transfer Lists," allows you to do just that, back to Feb. 2004. Check it out. Read the instructions. Note that the search is now current through the June 20, 2014 list.]
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, July 25, 2014. It is three pages (and 30 cases) long.
Five transfers were granted last week:
- Magic Circle Corporation, d/b/a Dixie Chopper, The Kelch Corporation, Camoplast Crocker, LLC, and Seats, Inc. v. Kris Schoolcraft as Personal Representative of the Wrongful Death Estate of Rickie D. Schoolcraft, Deceased - decided by the Supreme Court with opinion on July 21, see the ILB post here.
- In re the Paternity of C.J.A.: G.C. (Mother) v. T.A. (Father) - decided by the Supreme Court with opinion on July 21st, see the ILB post here.
- Carol Sparks Drake v. Thomas A. Dickey, Craig Anderson, Charles E. Podell, and Duke Realty Corporation - on July 24th the Supreme Court (4-0, J.David did not participate) granted transfer and summarily affirmed the COA, with the exception of footnote #2. See this ILB post from July 25 for details.
- Donald William Myers, III v. State of Indiana - this was an April 14th NFP opinion where the COA reversed the trial court, holding: "The trial court abused its discretion in admitting evidence of Myers’s refusal to
speak with police and his request for counsel and the jury clearly erred in rejecting
Myers’s insanity defense."
- Indiana Restorative Dentistry, P.C. v. The Laven Insurance Agency, Inc., and ProAssurance Indemnity Company, Inc. f/k/a The Medical Assurance Company, Inc. - Transfer was granted to appellee Laven Ins., and denied to appellee ProAssurance. The COA reversed the trial court, here is the Dec. 17, 2013 ILB summary.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on July 28, 2014 11:06 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists