Monday, May 18, 2015
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending May 15, 2015 [Updated]
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, May 15, 2015. It is three pages (and 29 cases) long.
Seven transfers were granted last week:
- YTC Dream Homes, Inc., et al. v. DirectBuy, Inc., et al. - the Court granted transfer and issued a brief per curiam opinion re pro hac vice admissions on May 12th - see ILB post here.
- Christopher Tiplick v. State of Indiana - This was the 2-1 Jan. 27, 2015 opinion ruling that certain definitions of "synthetic drug" are void for vagueness.
- Aadil Ashfaque v. State of Indiana - This was the second 2-1 void for vagueness decision issued on Jan. 27th.
- Marquise Lee v. State of Indiana - The Court granted transfer with opinion in this case on May 14th, holding "Defendants lacked fair notice of the charge of which they were ultimately convicted." See the May 14th ILB post.
- David Anderson, Commissioner, Joe Wray, Commissioner, John Kennard, Commissioner, and Board of Trustees, Brown County Fire Protection District v. Susanne Gaudin, Janet Kramer, and Ruth Reichmann - This was a Jan. 12, 2015 opinion re the Brown County Commissioners' ordinance establishing a county-wide fire-protection district.
- Billy Young v. State of Indiana - The Court granted transfer with opinion in this case on May 14th, holding "Defendants lacked fair notice of the charge of which they were ultimately convicted." See the May 14th ILB post.
- In the Matter of J.K., A Child in Need of Services, M.K., Father v. Marion County Department of Child Services and Child Advocates, Inc. - The Court granted transfer in this case, with opinion, on May 12th. See the ILB post here, where the Court reversed the CHINS adjudiciation on the basis of the trial court's "remarks and conduct."
In two cases, transfer was denied by a 3-2 vote, with "David, J., dissents to the denial of transfer with separate opinion, in which Dickson, J., joins."
- Giles v. Anonymous Physician (see May 14th ILB post)
- Nancy Hay v. Richard Hay (see May 14th ILB post)
Posted by Marcia Oddi on May 18, 2015 10:19 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists