« Ind. Gov't. - Water quality certification permit for Singleton Stone Quarry, located in Lake County, raises controversy in two states | Main | Ind. Gov't. - Arguments that local budgets should be published in newspapers continue »
Tuesday, September 08, 2015
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending September 4, 2015
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, September 4, 2015. It is two pages (and 20 cases) long.
Five transfers were granted last week:
- Gary Allen Gibson v. State of Indiana - Transfer was granted, with opinion, on Sept. 2nd. See ILB summary here.
- Sidney Tyson v. State of Indiana - This was a March 3rd NFP decision where the COA ruled "Because Tyson had fair warning of the registration requirement, SORA was not an ex post facto violation as applied to Tyson."
- State of Indiana v. Scott Zerbe - This was a 2-1, May 29th COA opinion where the majority ruled: " Zerbe had fair warning of SORA’s registration requirement before he moved to Indiana, and SORA imposed no additional punishment because he was already required to register in Michigan."
- Tom Bonnell v. Ruby A. Cotner, et al. - This was a June 4th COA opinion:
The Cotners’ issue on cross-appeal is both dispositive and an issue of first impression: whether adverse holders of real property can be divested of their title by a subsequent tax sale of the property when the adverse holders’ title is premised on a reasonable and good faith—albeit mistaken—belief that they are paying the proper taxes on the property. On these facts, we hold that the subsequent tax sales did not divest the adverse holders of their title to the real property. As such, we reverse the trial court’s judgment for Bonnell and remand with instructions for the court to enter judgment for the Cotners.
- Lincoln National Life Insurance Company v. Peter S. Bezich - This was a June 2nd COA opinion (2nd case), re class action certification.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on September 8, 2015 09:48 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists