Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending October 9, 2015
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, October 9, 2015. It is one page (and 24 cases) long.
Three transfers were granted last week:
- William R. Bowman v. State of Indiana - This was a May 26th opinion (4h case) where the COA concluded: "Because the State did not prove the product of the “controlled” buy was heroin, there was not sufficient evidence Bowman committed Class A felony dealing in a narcotic within 1,000 feet of a school. Accordingly, we reverse."
- Saundra Wahl v. State of Indiana - This was a 2-1, June 30th COA opinion (5th case) involving a day care facility, with the majority opinion affirming a conviction of involuntary manslaughter, followed by a dissent.
- Daniel Wahl v. State of Indiana - Same 2-1 vote as above, same judges, same date, 6th case.
Finally, there were two cases last week where transfer was denied by a 3-2 vote:
- Blue Chip Casino v. LaPorte County Treasurer - Review Denied-All Justices concur, except Rush, C.J., and David, J., who vote to grant the petition for review. This was a Tax Court opinion.
- C.P. v. State of Indiana - Transfer Denied-All Justices concur, except Rush, C.J., and Rucker, J., who vote to grant the petition to transfer.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on October 13, 2015 10:28 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists