Monday, January 25, 2016
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending January 22, 2016
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, January 22, 2016. It is 3 pages (and 30 case) long.
Four transfers were granted last week:
- Kastin E. Slaybaugh v. State of Indiana - transfer was granted, with opinion, on Jan. 20. See ILB summary of opinion here.
- Thomas L. Hale v. State of Indiana - this was a 2-1, Sept. 30, 2015 COA opinion, where the issue was whether the trial court abused its discretion when it did not, before trial, permit defendant to depose two of the State’s witnesses against him.
- Douglas Bragg v. State of Indiana - this was on Oct. 15, 2015 2-1, 3-opinion NFP ruling (ILB summary here, last case) where the issue was whether the trial court abused its discretion when it denied Bragg’s motion to strike a prospective juror for cause because the juror was a deputy attorney general. The ILB did a separate post on this opinion, headed "Why is this decision today categorized as NFP?"
- Town of Zionsville, Ind. V. Town of Whitetown, Ind., et al. - transfer was granted, with opinion, on Jan. 22. See ILB summary of opinion here.
- Sheila R. (Naum) Porter v. Brett T. Naum - this was a 20-page, NFP opinion on on custody, emancipation and attorney’s fees.
- Bruce Ryan v. State of Indiana - this transfer petition was argued before the Supreme Court on Jan. 21st - watch here.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on January 25, 2016 11:38 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists