Monday, February 01, 2016
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending January 29, 2016
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, January 29, 2016. It is two pages (and 25 cases) long.
Three transfers were granted last week:
- Travis Allen v. State of Indiana - this was a 2-1, Oct. 14, 2015 COA opinion (3rd case. From the dissent:
Allen informed the trial court of his incarceration in person on the record at the October 2012 pretrial conference. Even if this actual notice of his incarceration was not sufficient to preserve Allen’s Rule 4(C) rights, I believe that Allen’s September 5, 2013 pro se petition was. If these attempts at notification were not sufficient, what else was Allen to do?
- David P. Allen v. Kimberly W. Allen - this was a July 24, 2015 NFP COA opinion (4th case), where the panel concluded:
David P. Allen (“Father”) appeals an order that he pay 100% of dental school tuition for Hunter Allen (“Hunter”), his youngest child with Kimberly W. Allen (“Mother”). * * * We reverse and remand for a college expenses order appropriately apportioning the costs between Hunter, her father, and her mother.
- Mid-America Sound, et al. v. Indiana State Fair Commission, et al. - transfer was granted, with opinion, on Jan. 28. See the ILB summary of the opinion here.
- J.K. v. State of Indiana - this was an Oct. 29, 2015 NFP COA opinion. Transfer Denied - All Justices concur, except Rucker and David, JJ., who vote to grant the petition to transfer.
- Lanetra Lockett, et al. v. Planned Parenthood, IN, et al. - this was an Aug. 17, 2015 COA opinion. Transfer Denied - All Justices concur, except Rush, C.J., and Dickson, J., who vote to grant the petition to transfer.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on February 1, 2016 01:01 PM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists