Monday, March 07, 2016
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending March 4, 2016
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, March 4, 2016. It is three pages (and 27 cases) long.
Three transfers were granted last week:
- Dannie C. Pattison v. State of Indiana - this was a Dec. 12, 2015 COA opinion that concluded "Because the error caused by the court’s constitutionally infirm jury instruction was neither corrected by the court’s other instructions nor harmless based on the other evidence presented, we must reverse Pattison’s conviction."
- F. John Rogers v. Angela Martin - this was a Dec. 14, 2015 COA opinion that concluded:
Because there is a question of fact regarding whether Martin furnished alcohol to Brothers, the trial court erroneously granted summary judgment to Martin on the Appellants’ Dram Shop Act claim. Further, we conclude that Martin, as a social host, owed Michalik a duty to render aid, and questions of fact remain regarding whether she breached that duty. We reverse and remand.
- Jay Classroom Teachers Association v. Jay School Association - this was a Nov. 13, 2015 COA opinion. The COA held:
In conclusion, we find that the additional-compensation provision was not impermissible and should not have been stricken by the Board, whereas the Superintendent provision was impermissible and should have been stricken by the Board. Accordingly we reverse the trial court’s decision affirming the Board’s order, and remand to the Board for further proceedings consistent with this opinion. Reversed and remanded.Transfer was granted to both petitioners. And the case has already been set for oral argument, on March 17th.
- James E. Pugh v. State of Indiana - this is a 12/7/15 NFP COA decision. Transfer Denied - All Justices concur, except Dickson and Rucker, J.J., who vote to grant the petition to transfer.
- Derrick Hicks v. State of Indiana - this is an 11/25/15 NFP COA decision. Transfer Denied - All Justices concur, except Dickson and Rucker, J.J., who vote to grant the petition to transfer.
- Termination: K.E. v. Indiana Department of Child Services, et al. - this is an 11/23/15 COA opinion. Transfer Denied - All Justices concur, except Rush, C.J., and Dickson, J., who vote to grant the petition to transfer.
- Jordan Gray v. State of Indiana - this is a 9/11/15 NFP COA decision. Transfer Denied - All Justices concur, except Rush, C.J., and Rucker, J., who vote to grant petition to transfer.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on March 7, 2016 11:22 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists