Monday, October 24, 2016
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending October 21, 2016
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, October 21, 2016. It is two pages (and 25 cases) long.
Three transfers were granted last week (thereby vacating the COA opinions):
- Mary K. Patchett v. Ashley N. Lee - this transfer was granted, with opinion, on Oct. 21, 2016. See the ILB summary of the opinion here.
- Noe Escamilla v. Shiel Sexton Company, Inc. - this was a March 21, 2016, 2-1 COA opinion where the dissent begins:
When the plaintiff in a civil action is also an undocumented immigrant, the majority concludes that juries and experts cannot determine an appropriate award of damages for loss of future income without first considering the plaintiff’s immigration status.
- CHINS: G.J., et al. v. Indiana Department of Child Services - the COA dismissed this appeal with prejudice on 7/18/16 - see docket
- Phillip Gray v. Aquatics Coordinator of the Fishers
YMCA, et al. - this is a 4/5/16 NFP COA decision. Transfer Denied - All Justices concur, except Rush, C.J., and David, J.,
who vote to grant the
petition to transfer.
- Julie D. Himes v. Todd A. Himes - this is a 6/14/16 COA decision. Transfer Denied - All Justices concur, except Rush, C.J., and David, J., who vote to grant transfer.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on October 24, 2016 11:01 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists