« Ind. Gov't. - "How the Pokagon Band went from a small tribe to a business powerhouse" [Updated] | Main | Ind. Decisions - Court of Appeals issues 1 opinion(s) today (and 4 NFP memorandum decision(s)) »
Monday, December 05, 2016
Ind. Decisions - Transfer list for week ending December 2, 2016
Here is the Clerk's transfer list for the week ending Friday, April 15, 2016. It is two pages (and 26 cases) long.
Two transfers were granted last week:
- Termination: V.G., et al. v. Indiana Department of
Child Services - this was a Sept. 15, 2016 Court of Appeals opinion.
- Eduardo Cruz-Salazar v. State of Indiana - transfer was granted, with opinion, on Nov. 29th. See the ILB summary here.
- There was one case last week where transfer was denied by a 3-2 vote: Freddie L. Webb v. Thomas A. Yeager: Transfer Denied - All
Justices concur, except Rush, C.J., and David, J., who vote to grant the petition to transfer. This is a March 9, 2016 COA opinion.
- There was one case last week where transfer was denied by a 3-2 vote with two justices recusing: Schuchman/Samberg Investments, Inc. v. Hoosier
Penn Oil Co., Inc., et al.: Transfer Denied - All
Justices concur, except for
Massa, J. and Slaughter, J.,
who did not participate in
the decision of this matter. This is an Aug. 4, 2016 COA opinion. See commentary here.
- There was one case, Termination: A.C. v. Indiana Department of Child Services, et al., where transfer was denied by a 3-2 vote, with the two justices in dissent writing a separate opinion. The ILB posted on this rare written dissent on Friday.
Posted by Marcia Oddi on December 5, 2016 10:38 AM
Posted to Indiana Transfer Lists